My Meal Plan for the Week of February 10!
Here is my weekly meal plan. My husband and I are slowly transitioning to more vegetarian meal plan and I am trying 4 new recipes this week. When choosing new recipes I looked for:
1. Recipes that shared similar ingredients: that eliminates food waste. Too often, especially around the holidays, I have to throw out a food item because I didn't find another recipe to use up what was left from the initial recipe.
2. Recipes that use ingredients I already have: that helps keep the spending down and eliminate food waste.
3. Recipes that have good reviews: reading the comments helped me determine which recipe to use. Most of the comments offer honest reviews and share how they tweaked the recipe. We all want to eat something that tastes great!
Sunday: Meatless Meat Sauce
This makes a double batch and will freeze a portion for later in the month.
Monday: Veggie Fried Rice with Vegetable Potstickers (Trader Joe's). Hotdogs for the kids.
Tuesday: Black Bean Chili and Cornbread Muffins served with brown rice
My Easy Chili Recipe
- Sauteed Peppers
- 1 can of Black Beans
- 1 28 oz. can of Crushed Tomatoes
- Add Chili Seasoning to taste
Wednesday: Left Over from Sunday
Thursday: Veggie Burgers with French Fries (store bought)
I was hesitant to make these because I only have a mini chopper. With several ingredients to chop in the food processor, I had to prep them in batches last night after the kids went to bed. The mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for 24 hours so I am making them on today for Thursday's dinner.
Homemade Pizza Pancakes with bananas and blueberries and Scrambled Eggs
Veggie Lasagna Rollups Homemade Pizza