My Grocery Shopping Haul for the Week of March 17!
March madness can be used to describe this week's shopping. Normally, I just post my grocery haul photos and the prices but I thought I'd share with you how I actually shopped this week. It was a bit crazy this weekend but I managed to go to the stores I wanted for the meals I have planned for the week. Think of it as a cardio work out without having to go to the gym. Which is great considering I did not make it there on Sunday.
Since our oldest is home from college for spring break I am shopping for 6 people this week. That explains why I have spent $158.21 on groceries and $22.84 on personal care products this week.
Starting at 8:00AM on Sunday, I went to:
- ShopRite: Weekly grocery shopping trip. I spent $45.51 at ShopRite on Food
- Dollar Tree: pick up the Sunday paper for coupons and candy ($1.06 added to the food spending totals) for the movies.
- HOME: Unpack,photograph, and put away perishable groceries. Get the family in the car and remember to bring the tickets I purchased earlier this week.
- Movie Drop Off
- Bank: Withdraw cash for the rest of the groceries and gas.
- Whole Foods Market: Every other week trip to pick up lunch meat.I spent $25.63 at Whole Foods Market
- Costco: It was time to buy frozen pineapple and bran cereal. Since we still had another box of Bran Flakes from Trader Joe's, I went to Costco for pineapple and spent $33.94.
- Starbucks: I had a balance on a gift card from Christmas so I treated myself to a cup of tea. A grande tea comes with 2 tea bags, but you can ask for one in the cup and take the second tea bag home. It's a BOGO!
- HOME: Unpack, photograph, and put away the groceries. I was craving something sweet but did not see anything exciting at Starbucks, so I made cinnamon sugar toast.
- CVS: I had Extra Care Bucks and coupons to use toward my purchase. I spent $12.16
- Movie Pick Up: back to the mall to pick up the family. While waiting, I ran into Target to get 2 things (that turned into 5) and look at the blenders and food processors.
- Gas: Filled up the tank.
- HOME for the rest of the day: We made it back shortly after 1:00. My total mileage on the car was less than 20 miles because the stores are so close together.
Sunday, March 17
I spent $45.51 at ShopRite on Food
I spent $25.63 at Whole Foods Market and $33.94 at Costco
Ok, I am going to Costco more than I anticipated after I renewed the membership. However, since I cut meat out of my diet, I eat a lot more spinach. The one pound container of Earthbound Spinach is $3.79 compared to $6.99 at ShopRite.
I spent $25.23 at TargetNo picture for this trip, but here are the items I purchased. Yes, 3 out of the 5 were not planned purchases. Proving once again, it is best to grocery shop alone!
- Pistachios (husband added it!)
- Tazo Tea (48 ct. box)
- Tic Tacs (husband added it!)
- Kit Kat (husband added it!)
I spent $22.50 on Personal Care and Household products at ShopRite and CVSDove 6 pack of soap is not shown in the photo but included in price.
|Product||Store||Sale Price||Total Coupons||Total Paid|
|Dove Bar Soap, 6 pk.||ShopRite||$6.99||$2.75||$4.24|
|Sundown Adult Vitamins||ShopRite||$4.94||$4.00||$0.94|
|Sundown Iron||ShopRite||$2.99||$4.00 (wyb 2)||-$1.01|
|Schick Razor Blades||ShopRite||$9.96||$6.50||$3.46|
|Subtotals||$10.68 (including $1.06 tax)|
|Sundown Kids Vitamins||CVS||$14.79||$4.00||$10.79|
|Sundown Kids Vitamins||CVS||$14.79||BOGO Free Sale||$0.00|
|Schick Razor Blades||CVS||$14.79||$0.00||$14.79|
|Schick Razor||CVS||$12.49||BOGO Free up to $12.29||$0.20|
|Subtotals||$14.00 ECB||$12.16 (including $0.38 tax)|
I earned $8.00 Extra Care Bucks at CVS on Sunday.
Monday, March 18
I spent $26.84 at Aldi