Mix, Roll, and Repeat...
...making these little gems because they are that good and no baking needed.
To say these are my favorite thing is a bit of an understatement. I am obsessed with this sweet treat and I can eat 4 in a day with a good cup of tea! I pretty much make them weekly and can get a little cranky when I run out. Over time I've tweaked the original recipe by adjusting the amounts of some ingredients and adding my favorite ingredient:
My Revised Recipe
- 3/4 Cup of Peanut Butter (I use Costco Organic Peanut Butter)
- 1/3 Cup of Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla (I've substituted maple syrup when I've run out of vanilla)
- 1 Cup of Oatmeal
- 3/4 Cup of Crispy Rice Cereal Additional Crispy Rice Cereal added if mixture is too moist (Crushed by hand for more of a crunch)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup of Pecans or Walnuts
- 1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Coconut (When I have it, if not double the pecans. Also, Aldi only has sweetened coconut. I found unsweetened coconut at our local ShopRite.)
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips (Most of the time I use regular chips, but I purchased the minis at Aldi last month.)
Other ingredients I add when on hand: ground flax seed, chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Mix the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla together.
- Blend the oatmeal, cereal, cinnamon, pecans, and coconut in a mini chopper to desired consistency.
- Combine the peanut butter mixture with oatmeal mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Roll to desired size and enjoy!